So I decided to participate in @Luvvie‘s #31WriteNow challenge for the month of August. I’m going to try to do something with a few posts that I have a hard time doing…be open about myself. I figured it’s a month before my birthday and maybe by doing this, I can figure out something about myself that I’ve never paid attention to before. So here it goes…
This was on a tumblr post I re-blogged a while back: Five ways to win your heart
1. Be honest- I can’t stand anyone that lies especially someone that I am romantically involved with. If you’re not honest, there’s no reason for us to continue a relationship in any capacity.
2. Be intelligent- We all look at the surface when we first encounter someone, but it’s the mind that keeps me interested. I can enjoy the view for a minute but I lose interest quickly if there’s nothing more intriguing about that person than a nice body, and beautiful lips. Those things don’t hurt, but I need more. Ex: Hill Harper (don’t judge me)
3. Be Respectful- If you can’t talk to me like you have some sense, just don’t talk to me.
4. Be Outgoing- Because I’m an extremely quiet person, I need someone who is the opposite of me. I like someone who’s a little spontaneous and can get me to do things I wouldn’t normally do. Just please don’t get out of hand with the outgoing and spontaneous though.
5. Be Understanding- I’m not the easiest person to deal with at times. My extreme cautiousness when it comes to expressing myself emotionally can come across as cold. Understand that I am complicated, but well worth the time it takes to get past the walls I tend to put up. I’m kind of like that Churchill quote..,”a riddle wrapped in an enigma”. 😉
How about you all. What are five ways to win your heart?
Okay, That’s all I got for this first challenge post. Feedback is welcomed.